Rescued



I took an hour out of the day yesterday to roam leisurely around a thrift store that is in the true nature of "treasure hunting for diamonds in the rough". There is a noble effort to categorize the merchandise into like things together, but the reality result is boxes of puzzles all dumped together. The fun part is the treasures one finds in the midst of the chaos.

Pictured above is one of those items. A cheery bright yellow flowered deep dish plate made in Portugal. It was down on the bottom shelf, covered with dust, haphazardly sitting on top of a bowl.

I picked it up, brushed off the dust and discovered the cheeriness that was uncovered.

So for one dollar, I rescued a plate that I am sure has a story beyond its thrift store life. If the plate could talk, I would ask...

Were you a part of a set?
Did you serve breakfast on a sunny patio?
Were you a treat plate for cookies and sweets?
Did you live for a time in Portugal or have you always lived here?
Just wondering...!!!

In any case...Welcome to our home!!

Maybe not the most productive hour I have ever spent, but most certainly enjoyable!

Take an hour for yourself and find something simple to enjoy!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pathways

Pathways

My Craft Room