Life in the Limelight

Limelight

At the centre of attention


Limelight is an intense white light which is produced by heating a piece of lime in a flame of burning oxygen and hydrogen.  It was widely used in 19th century theatres to illuminate the stage.

Clearly, actors who were the centre of attention on stage being said to be in the limelight.

I love to discover the meaning behind phrases and popular sayings. Once I discovered what "in the limelight" meant and its origin, I have been inspired to shed the "limelight" on things of meaning in my life.

Some of those things do happen to be objects that I appropriately treasure and find enjoyment from just by having them around me.

This week I want to share some of the objects I treasure along with the stories of why they make me smile.

Be looking around your home to the objects that make you smile and have become a treasure and a part of who you are. Think about sharing the stories behind the objects and what about them inspires enjoyment.

Above all, remembering we have nothing that has not been given to us by our Creator. For as we gather objects to enjoy, the source of all we have is God.





 Until tomorrow...
                                                                   




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pathways

Pathways

My Craft Room