Favorite Things - Longaberger Baskets



One of My Favorite Things
Longaberger Kiddie Purse Basket
  1989


The Story...

I was introduced to Longaberger handmade baskets in 1989. It was a time of new parenthood, and a time when I was thinking and rethinking what I put my time and resources into for the future. I knew I wanted to begin building memories and a legacy to leave behind.

I loved the story of the Longaberger family and the craftsmanship behind it all. The price of the baskets scared me away initially until I realized the quality and details that drove the cost.

I made my first purchase of the Kiddie Purse Basket and used it for many years as a basket that held 3x5 cards that I wrote all the fun sayings from the kids. First Sean and then Jackie and Megan to follow.

As my Longaberger basket collection grew, I was mindful to use and enjoy each purchase.


The baskets have all aged with a beautiful patina and darkened wood stain.


I recently read the book of the Longaberger family and basket company and enjoyed getting to know the back story of the baskets, the craftsmanship and family I have grown to admire.


 Thank you for stopping by and discovering one of my treasured objects and the story that makes it so.

Stop and look around your house and see what treasured object your eye lands on and remember the story that makes it a treasure for you.

Until then... happy treasure hunting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pathways

Pathways

My Craft Room