Moments





During prayer meeting at church last night, I concentrated on staying in the moment as folks shared from their lives this past week.

I heard much about the power of weather.
 the power to change plans
 the power to bring damage to property
 the power to threaten the safety of lives
 the power to test  perseverance and resolve
 the power to cause others to be aware of other parts of the country 
 that would normally not be noted.

Raging wild fires fueled by wind, lightening and heat.
Storms arriving with little notice, bringing wind, hail, flooding rain and frightening lightening.

I also heard of the protective hand of God.
 A house and home spared from raging fires approaching from just
 two blocks away
 A motor home protected from falling trees in a violent rain and  
 wind storm.
 A family relieved when the floods receded, the fire brought under 
 control and the phone call comes with the message "we are safe"

The moments of life come. Some in the form of weather that gets our attention.

So into my day I go. With an umbrella under my arm and sunglasses on my head.

 To live in the moment, whatever the weather.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pathways

Pathways

My Craft Room