Kindness Moments from History 1950 Having committed herself to a vocation as a nun, Mother Teresa has divined a "call within a call" to devote herself to the world's most destitute. Refusing to be daunted by the enormity of world poverty, she chips away at her goal, insisting, "I never look at the masses as my responsibility, I look at the individual. I can only love one person at a time." She gets Vatican approval for the Missionaries of Charity, formed with just 11 other women, which by the 1990's will blossom into over a million workers carrying out her mission in orphanages, hospices, and charity centers worldwide. A sacrifice to be real must cost, must hurt, must empty ourselves. The fruit of silence is prayer, the fruit of prayer is faith, the fruit of faith is love, the fruit of love is service, the fruit of service is peace. Mother Teresa Moments of Kindness Observed Today ...
Comments
Post a Comment