Favorite Things - English China Tea Set



From "across the pond"...

I received this English China Tea Set from my in-law's as a birthday gift in the early 1980's. It came by water travel across the ocean in a heavy straw - filled wooden crate. It took nearly 3 months from when they picked it out while in England to arrive on my doorstep.

I have always used it for Christmas morning breakfast to serve our traditional breakfast of quiche and cinnamon buns.

When Sean, Jackie and Megan were young toddlers, I used the teapot for an afternoon or late evening pot of tea to remind myself that I was still capable of doing adult things, like holding a china cup without spilling!

I have always kept this tea set out in full view, either in the china cabinet or the curio cabinet.

I do not believe in hiding treasures away to "keep safe" or for a "more special time".

Today is always a "special time" to use and enjoy the things we love.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pathways

Pathways

My Craft Room