Alphabet Organizing- L


 


There are a few areas of the house that don't necessarily have any other function other than practicality. That would be the Laundry Room.
I have been fortunate that the last few houses we have lived in had a separate laundry room. This makes for a nicely defined space, but it can also cause problems if the space becomes a catchall for miscellaneous items that do not "fit" anywhere else. This causes a crowding in an area that is designed for a specific purpose- laundry!

When moving into this new home recently, I decided to break any bad habits of overcrowding the area. Since I was starting with a blank slate, I chose carefully what would go into this space.

Even though I stated that this area is for practicality, I still went for an aesthetically pleasing look. As you will see in the photos, I corral many items in baskets and see through jars.

I also incorporated the height I have in 10 foot ceilings so I can take advantage of storage space available.

Hangers ready to use

Laundry detergent and often used items handy
See through containers and open baskets




When working on the Linen Closet I have defined what I HAVE and what I NEED. It shuld be an obvious distinction, but it takes some thought as you go through the piles.
 
Since we have always had a king size bed, I have never been able to afford more than two sets of sheets at a time. This is a good thing because it causes me to really like and use what I have. I do have several sets of extra pillowcases. They are an affordable luxury and can add to the sheet sets longevity of use.
 
Towels are another story. They are easily found at Marshalls and TJ Maxx for a reasonable price and good quality. But this process of defining has made me look at them for condition and preference. Some seem nice at first, but they don't live up to the quality or drying ability expectations. Extra washcloths and hand towels can be purchased to compliment towel sets.
Rolling bin
Stacked neatly and useful bins
Visible and not overstuffed
 
The other item I like to keep in the linen closet are candles. I am trying to define a few scents that I like to keep on hand. Peach and vanilla are my favorites. Lavender for the bathroom is a nice scent. I keep some jar candles as well as votives and tea lights stocked.

 
My one indulgence is the scent of  the Anthopologie store. I received one for Mothers Day this year and just love it.
Capri Blue Jar Candle
So this is the end of the Lane for Laundry and Linens. I will revisit these area periodically as things get in disarray but for now the spaces are well defined and purposeful.
 
Next up on the Alphabet Organizing list is the letter M. I will be Managing Magazines for the rest of the weekend and will have my results on MONDAY!
 
Patti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pathways

Pathways

My Craft Room