Alphabet Organizing - K

 
One of the areas I am evaluating in the Kitchen are my pots and pans. Specifically the frying pans. I am happy with how they are being stored. The cabinets accommodate them well. See photo below.
What I am in the process of doing is replacing those that are not performing well. Whether it be heat distribution, non stick properties or size and frequency of use, all are under my scrutinizing eye!
I have now replaced the largest pan with a cast iron 12" size. The weight of the cast iron distributes the heat evenly. The clean up is easy and it is non stick. I am finding I am cooking everything from eggs to chili to fish in this one pan.






The next area to be evaluated were my utensils. Like many of you, I have way too many large cooking utensils at my finger tips and yet routinely reached for the same favorites time and time again. When your utensils have to be dusted periodically, its time to evaluate their usefulness!

I do like to have my common cooking tools handy, so I settled on 2 decorative crocks to hold what I use. See photo below.

One more evaluation of my pans led me to the conclusion that I love my porcelain Dutch oven. It is a happy color, the perfect size and allows me to keep food warm on the stove. See photo below.




One more area in the kitchen that I like to keep useful and pretty is by the kitchen sink. Using a pottery tray I corral the few items that I use making a nice presentation and easy clean up of the counter.

I also keep this small absorbent mat alongside the sink for small items I use throughout the day.
I have several that I have purchased at Bed Bath and Beyond just in case you are asking!
 
 
You may not agree with all my choices, but that is what makes this challenge unique and personal. Alphabet Organize on your terms with your stuff and you will find enjoyment in the simple things like
"Working in Your kitchen that Works for You!"
 
I look forward to sharing the finished results of Alphabet organizing "L" with you tomorrow.
 I have tackled Linens and Laundry.
 
Patti
 
 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pathways

Pathways

My Craft Room