King -Sized Interruption

So I left off my Alphabet Organizing Challenge way back in November. What happened? Where have I been? What have I been doing?

This is the short version...

Soon after my last post the homeowners of the house we were renting told us they were putting the house on the market to sell. Thus began the race to find a new place to move, pack up and go.

Right after the new year, the house was photographed, listed and ready to show.

We found a new place to live, just minutes from where we lived. Arrangements were made for the move.

We packed, we purged, we sold, we donated, we planned and we kept going. It was a monster job in the midst of a very busy personal time in our lives. But we persevered and kept a good attitude and accomplished the task.

Over a period of 10 days we shuttled our stuff from one house to the other. On March 31st we laid our heads down in our new home.

Can you guess what I have been doing ever since? Unpacking and placing our possessions in our new home. Because we down-sized our storage space, it has required some more purging.

Now the boxes are mostly emptied and the house is our new home.

The lovely thing about the Alphabet Organizing done by my own rules is I can pick up where I left off in the old space and pick it up in the new space.

So this "Killer" - Sized Interruption is where I begin again, with the letter "K".

I love my new kitchen. It has generous storage space and wonderful counter and work space. Since moving in I have found the original placement of things to be working well. There are a few cabinets that are awkward to get things in and out of. So I will evaluate what I can do to improve the space and function. I will also place a "Keen" eye on things I may have thought I would use and now find I am not.

I will post photos and accomplishments tomorrow from my efforts today. I will also begin the thought process for the letter "L" for all things "Laundry" and "Linens".

Keeping on task and enjoying the journey...

Patti




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pathways

Pathways

My Craft Room