"What am I Reading Now?"

So I was going to start a series of new blogs on FOCUSING, but I got distracted by this new book I just started reading.

Isn't that always the way?

But I am going to enjoy this little turn in the road and take you all with me over the next week as you get to peek into my current reading list.

I really did not need another book to read, I already have quite a few started that I am enjoying. But one cannot have too many good books in their life. Am I right?

So this book "Falling in Love for Life" is written about a marriage of 73 years. How they got there, what kept them going strong and what is being passed on for the future.

Just a few pages in and I was hooked. Transported back in time when things may not have been so much simpler, but the choices were defined and not as plentiful. Sometimes that is a good thing.
Not too many choices. In fact, I like only having a few choices sometimes. Less second guessing and more time to actually do the thing, enjoy the thing that the choice is about.

Stand in the cereal aisle at the grocery store sometime . I had my own personal rebellion over too many choices a few months ago. Went to the plain box of Cheerios and I am very happy with that simple choice, thank you very much!!

Back to my book. See, FOCUSING is a little tricky right now.

We will be celebrating 30 years of marriage this year. Seems like a lifetime, a GOOD lifetime, but still quite a lot of time being married. Or so I thought until I happened upon this little gem of a story.

So here is the book...take a peek... I will write again and tell you what I am gleaning so far. It excites me that we could have another whole lifetime of marriage ahead of us and one day be able to say, "73 years ago when we first got married..."








Comments

  1. So sweet! Thanks for sharing and Happy Thirty years!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pathways

Pathways

My Craft Room