Great Moments of Kindness - Day 4

Kindness Moments from History
 
 
 
1950 Having committed herself to a vocation as a nun, Mother Teresa has divined a "call within a call" to devote herself to the world's most destitute. Refusing to be daunted by the enormity of world poverty, she chips away at her goal, insisting, "I never look at the masses as my responsibility, I look at the individual. I can only love one person at a time." She gets Vatican approval for the Missionaries of Charity, formed with just 11 other women, which by the 1990's will blossom into over a million workers carrying out her mission in orphanages, hospices, and charity centers worldwide.
 
A sacrifice to be real must cost, must hurt, must empty ourselves. The fruit of silence is prayer, the fruit of prayer is faith, the fruit of faith is love, the fruit of love is service, the fruit of service is peace. Mother Teresa
 
 
 
Moments of Kindness Observed Today
 
I ran a bunch of errands yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to find all the folks I did business with were kind and attentive and professional with my simple needs. I went to the post office to mail a package and had a delightful encounter with an employee. This is not the first time I have encountered this lady. I have to assume she likes, maybe even loves her job and her kindness to others spill out from that. I entered a department store to return and exchange a number of items. Once again I was greeted with a smile, a listening ear, and a bit of conversation. Working the return counter may not be this girls life goal, but she is making the most of it and being kind to those that cross her path. And just his morning, as I was putting the trash and recycling at the curb, I detected a song in the air. I looked a round and spotted a gentleman on a big green tractor who cuts the common area of the neighborhood grass. He was singing at the top of his lungs, quite nicely I might add. So as I went up and down the driveway, dragging our trash to the curb, I was serenaded by a gentleman who has a song in his heart and music on his lips.
 
It takes so little to show kindness, but when shown to others, it is a joy to behold. It lifts ones spirit and it inspires the same actions from others.
 
Perhaps these folks I have encountered know nothing of my noticing, but I hope they keep showing kindness and don't become discouraged.
 
So kindness may grow out of contentment in your own moment of life.
 
A postal clerk worker, a retail return clerk and a guy that rides a tractor. Not the life of the rich or famous, but a life that produces kindness and joy.
 
Just can't buy that kind of attitude!
 
Have a kind and joyful day!!
May you find it in others and share it with those around you.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pathways

Pathways

My Craft Room